External communication & Public Affairs Manager (Belux)-00000INB
The main role is to provide leadership to our Communication and Public Affairs initiatives for Janssen Benelux in Belgium and Luxembourg, the commercial organization of Janssen.
The External Communication employee works within the External Affairs Belgium Department and reports to the Public Affairs Director Belux. He/she works in close collaboration with the Director Public Affairs Belux and the Sr. Director Public Affairs and Communication at Janssen Pharmaceutica, as part of public affairs initiatives.
Main roles & responsibilities:
Responsible for external communication in Belgium en Luxembourg for Janssen Benelux:
– Work in close collaboration with CVT’s (Country Value Teams; cross functional teams) to develop and implement proactive communication strategies (e.g. awareness campaigns, press releases, media campaigns, ?) within a therapeutic area and/or around a product as appropriate.
– Assess need/opportunity in collaboration with CVT to customize and localize EMEA/corporate communication initiatives.
– Lead issue communication activities in close collaboration with company spokesperson. Serve as spokesperson back up as appropriate.
Responsible for Public affairs for Janssen Benelux in Belgium en Luxembourg:
– Active participation and/or leadership of Belux public affairs initiatives in collaboration with PA Director.
– Build network and relationship with external public affairs stakeholders. Collect stakeholder insights and share as appropriate for strategic use in communication/public affairs/market access activities.
– Lead or co-lead company efforts to build and enforce our Janssen company image. Active participation and leadership within Janssen CVT.
– Design and execute Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
Collaboration with multiple stakeholders
– Liaise with PA/communication colleagues within Janssen Pharmaceutica n.v. on an ongoing basis to identify and develop opportunities to leverage projects/initiatives from communication point of view. Perform bridge function to create oversight on Janssen external communication initiatives as 1 campus. E.g. social/digital media initiatives (coordinate as appropriate with digital COE).
– Develop and maintain close contacts with Janssen EMEA. Liaise with EMEA communication group on IBVT level on brand/product communication and with PA group at Janssen EMEA on corporate issues/corporate communication
– Coordinate efforts with communication lead in Netherlands as appropriate, for example on EMEA initiatives and on CVT Benelux initiatives.
• Master degree in business or life sciences.
• Extensive experience in communications/public affairs, working with external stakeholders, customers and across internal functions.
• Experience and proven ability in understanding of the Belgian healthcare system and its key stakeholders (e.g. pharma trade association). Ability in translating understanding of the Belgian healthcare system, its political governance and its key stakeholder insights and needs, into vision, strategy and actions.
• 7 – 10 years of progressive experience in the pharmaceutical industry (incl. other relevant experience), external communication and/or public affairs experience and significant prior responsibility in a leadership role.
• Proven ability in understanding of the Belgian market access environment: processes, stakeholders and strategies. Ability to master scientific discussions when needed.
• Proven ability to master complexity, weigh in and have impact in discussions and negotiations with peers and external public affairs stakeholders.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of the pharma business model and its operations, both locally and on an international level.
• Team player, innovative thinker and can do attitude with ability to inspire people through ideas and vision
• Demonstrated track record of delivering on goals and objectives, result oriented management style; Experience and proven ability to lead a team and proven ability to accomplish objectives through people is an asset
• Language: Experience and proven ability to work fluently (spoken and written) in Dutch, French and English.
Primaire locatie: Europa/Midden-Oosten/Afrika-België-Antwerpen-Beerse
Organisatie: Janssen Cilag N.V./S.A. (7025)
Verhuizing mogelijk? Nee