Req Id: Internship/Co-op
The people in Purchases are responsible for sourcing the Company’s multi-billion dollar requirements for the many goods and services needed to produce world-class consumer products.
You will be working with a Purchasing Manager, typically responsible for spending about $20 million annually or more.
Areas of responsibility can range from raw materials, packages and equipment to marketing services, software and outside custom manufacturing services.
With the support of your manager, daily training and coaching you will manage your project in a specific area as the commercial expert, recognizing and developing opportunities as you link P&G strategies and business needs to our base of suppliers outside the Company.
You will participate in market analysis, uncovering of business-building and cost-saving opportunities, development and implementation of innovative sourcing strategies, solving of supply problems, conduct of supplier inquiries and negotiations.
Should you work in upstream programs, you will learn that close alignment with R&D is important to develop and commercialize new technologies and materials on a regional and global scale. Breakthrough innovation at competitive cost is in your key focus when working in Purchasing.
Purchasing is an integral member of cross-functional business teams to deliver world-class products to market.
Your growth will be supported by our strong training program and your hands-on experience in your job.
What we are looking for
A variety of college students, both undergraduate and graduate, are held by people successful in P&G Purchases. Desirable characteristics include:
- strong analytical capability,
- demonstrated leadership,
- the ability to work effectively with other people,
- fluency in English,
- a strong interest in the commercial aspects of business,
- 3 month availability minimun (possibly 6 or more).
Procter & Gamble is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Further information you need to know for your application
- Just apply via clicking the button below
- Have your CV in English ready to attach (include examples of the challenging experiences you have had both within and outside academia)
- Attach a summary of your latest grades
- Please note individual attachments cannot be larger than 500 KB
Requisition Number: PUR00000870